We’ve brought you peanut butter cups that are wheat, dairy and refined sugar free! It’s ok, you can thank us later….
With most people taking the free from route, whether it be sugar, gluten or dairy, these sort of recipes are becoming super popular; we are therefore playing around with ones we can perfect for you, our fabulous customers, and supply on a daily basis.
We’d love for you to have a go with this super simple recipe and let us know what you think!
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Peanut butter centre
- 60g Dates
- 3/4 cup Peanut butter
- 1/4 tablespoon Coconut oil
- Generous pinch of Sea salt
- ½ cup Coconut oil
- ½ cup Maple syrup
- ½ cup Cacao powder
- Generous pinch of sea salt (we forgot to put this bit in and it still tastes great!)
- Start with making the peanut butter centre. To do so place the peanut butter mixture into a food processor and blitz until fully combined. This can be placed to one side for now.
- Next, the chocolate! Pop the coconut oil and maple syrup into a saucepan over a low heat and stir until it becomes liquid.
- Slowly add in the cacao and stir continuously to make sure it fully combines into a shiny chocolate. (Careful it doesn’t get too clumpy at this point and prevent the rest of the liquid from combining).
- Fill up your small cupcake cases ¾ of the way with the chocolate. Make sure you keep some left over.
- Get the peanut mixture and roll this into balls. Pop one ball into each of the chocolate, making sure to gently push it down to the centre. (We like to have ALOT of peanut butter in our cups so add bigger balls, but you can make them whatever size you like!)
- Repeat this process until all of the mixture has been used.
- Use the remaining chocolate to cover the tops of the peanut butter cups if any of the peanut centres are showing.
- Place these in the freezer to firm up for a few hours.
Let us see your peanut butter cups! 😀